Schoolchildren raise funds to feed less fortunate schoolchildren.
Posted on March 13th, 2023 by Charles Grey
PSFA is honoured to have the loyal support from many amazing schools in the greater Cape Town area. Every year without fail, the learners at these schools organise and participate in various special fundraising events to feed schoolchildren less fortunate than themselves. For these kind gestures, PSFA is sincerely grateful.
PSFA’s volunteer general committee, management team, staff and particularly the learners on our feeding programme hereby wish to take this opportunity to thank the following schools for once again organising fundraising activities during 2022 and collectively raising a fantastic R114 587.99, enabling PSFA to provide 201 learners with daily breakfasts and lunches for an entire year:
- Herzlia Weizmann Primary School and Alon Ashel Pre-Primary School participated in a mini Blisters for Bread walk along the Sea Point Promenade on Friday, 23 September.
- Groote Schuur High School participated in a mini Blisters for Bread walk, which took place at the school over three days, 27 – 29 September.
- Kronendal Primary School in Houtbay participated in a mini Blisters for Bread walk on Chapmans Peak on Wednesday, 28 September.
- Greenfield Girls’ Primary School learners participated in Spell-a-Thon at their school on Friday, 21 October.
- Herschel Girls Preparatory School – the learners in a mini Blisters for Bread Walk in Tokai Forest on Monday, 31 October.
- Western Province Preparatory School (WPPS) – the Grade Seven learners of 2022 organised and participated in a 24-hour marathon at their school from 1 – 2 December.
- Bishops Preparatory School hosted its annual Christmas Carols concert at Bishops Diocesan College on Monday, 28 November. PSFA was one of the charities to benefit from the proceeds of the concert’s ticket sales.
PSFA presented each of the above schools was presented with a certificate of appreciation.