Romance under the Stars Volume 2 – A great success!
Posted on March 13th, 2023 by Charles Grey
In response to the success of last year’s sold-out Valentine’s concert, Romance under the Stars, and popular demand, the Peninsula School Feeding Association (PSFA), in partnership with Outside the Bowl Africa (OTB), presented Romance under the Stars Volume 2 at the Ashanti Wine Estate in Paarl on Saturday 18 February 2023.
With an exquisite lake as a backdrop, top Cape Town performers Nur Abrahams, Loren Erasmus, Jarrad Ricketts, saxophonist Don Vino and a surprise performance by Mujahid George had the crowd on the floor dancing and romancing under the sun and stars. Popular radio presenter and influencer Peadon Smith did a sterling job as the concert’s Master of Ceremonies.
The event, which was thoroughly enjoyed by the over 350 people who attended, turned out to be a great success, raising a total of R42 000.00 from the sale of concert and raffle tickets. PSFA and OTB each received R21 000.00. 100% of the portion that PSFA received will be allocated to providing 37 learners affected by poverty with daily breakfasts and lunches for an entire year.
We hereby wish to thank the following companies for their generous support of the event:
- Coca-Cola Peninsula Beverages for the R20 000 sponsorship for the hire of the stage, sound and lighting equipment, for handing out a complimentary can of Sprite Mint to each person that attended the event and donating hampers that were used as prizes for the raffle
- Ashanti Wine Estate for the free use of the beautiful venue
- Sanitech for sponsoring the use of portable toilets
- That Furniture Company for supplying the sofas for our VIP area and sponsoring a sofa as one of the raffle prizes
- Afrogem Jewellers for sponsoring two beautiful pendants and chains that were used as prizes for the raffle
- Phileas Fogg Travel for sponsoring the one night’s accommodation for two that was used as a prize for the raffle
- Full House Furniture for sponsoring the Smart TV that was used as a prize for the raffle
- Daniels Shoe Manufactures for the gift vouchers that were presented to people who purchased ten or more tickets to the concert
- Tiger Brands for sponsoring the goodie bags for our VIPs and an air fryer and ten hampers that were used as prizes for the raffle
- Full House Furniture for the air fryer that was used as a prize for the raffle
- Akila for the four 10kg bags of rice that were used as prizes for the raffle
- CP Security for keeping the performers and concert-goers safe in a happy controlled environment